Zig-Zag hangers are made of high-density plastic with a pressure sensitive foam-backed adhesive on one side. The plastic used to make the Zig-Zag hanger is twice as thick as other foamboard hangers of this type and the foam-backed adhesive grips the smooth surface of foamboard tenaciously.
Helpful Notes about Plastic Foamboard Hangers
- Do not use wire in combination with foamboard plastic hangers. Picture wire can gradually slice through the plastic over time. If you want to use wire to hang foamboard, pair it with one of our Foamboard Metal Hangers.
- For the same reason, use Picture Hooks, not nails, with foamboard plastic hangers (nails plus gravity can gradually cut through plastic hangers).
- Do not use either hanger to hang anything weighing over 1 lb (one hanger) to 2 lbs (two hangers). These are light-duty hangers.
- The adhesive strength of plastic hangers will improve if the bond is allowed to age 24-48 hours before hanging.
- Use care when removing a plastic hanger so as not to tear away any more substrate material than necessary. Do not attempt to reuse either type of hanger after removing--they are intended for one-time use only.
- Decide on and
mark for the position of the hanger(s). Once pressed in
place, plastic foamboard hangers cannot be repositioned
or removed without damaging the substrate.
- Be sure the
surface of what you are hanging is clean, dry and free
from grease or oil.
- Peel off the
adhesive release paper from the hanger. Do not touch the
adhesive surface with your fingers.
- Stick the hanger
down firmly and rub on well.
- Bend the upper
portion of the hanger back slightly to hang.
strength will improve if the bond is allowed to age at
least 24 hours before hanging.
- Hang on the wall