Adhesive hangers are made of high-density plastic with a pressure sensitive foam-backed adhesive on one side. The plastic used to make the Zig-Zag hanger is twice as thick as other foamboard hangers of this type and the foam-backed adhesive grips the smooth surface of foamboard tenaciously. Also used to hang other types of light weight artwork ,photos, matted prints, posters, etc.
Helpful Notes about Plastic Adhesive Hangers
- Do not use wire in combination with foamboard plastic hangers. Picture wire can gradually slice through the plastic over time. If you want to use wire to hang foamboard, pair it with one of our Foamboard Metal Hangers.
- Do not use hanger to hang anything weighing over 3 lbs (one hanger) to 6 lbs (two hangers). These are light-duty hangers.
- The adhesive strength of plastic hangers will improve if the bond is allowed to age 24-48 hours before hanging.
- Use care when removing a plastic hanger so as not to tear away any more substrate material than necessary. Do not attempt to reuse either type of hanger after removing--they are intended for one-time use only.
- For indoor use only. Extreme cold or heat may cause adhesive to fail.
1. Be sure the surface is clean, dry and free from grease or oil.
2. Peel off the liner paper without touching the adhesive surface.
3. Press the hanger down firmly on the item to be hung and rub on.The adhesive is best activated if evenly rubbed or burnished with a hard smooth object.
4. Allow the adhesive to cure to the art for at least 24 hours before hanging.
5. Hang on the wall using hooks, nails or screws.