Foamboard plastic hangers have a pressure sensitive adhesive on one side. You simply peel off the adhesive release paper and apply the hangers to the back side of the foamboard. They can also be used on other types of smooth surface board (cardboard, poster board, illustration board, etc.), as long as the object to be hung weighs no more than than 1 lb.
Helpful Notes about Plastic Foamboard Hangers
- Unless what you are hanging is very light or the installation temporary, we recommend using the more durable Zig-Zag hanger.
- Do not use wire in combination with foamboard plastic hangers. Picture wire can gradually slice through the plastic over time. If you want to use wire to hang foamboard, pair it with one of our Foamboard Metal Hangers.
- For the same reason, use Picture Hooks, not nails, with foamboard plastic hangers (nails plus gravity can gradually cut through plastic hangers).
- Do not use hanger to hang anything weighing over 1 lb (one hanger). These are light-duty hangers.
- The adhesive strength of plastic hangers will improve if the bond is allowed to age 24-48 hours before hanging.
- Use care when removing a plastic hanger so as not to tear away any more substrate material than necessary. Do not attempt to reuse either type of hanger after removing--they are intended for one-time use only.
- For indoor use only. Extreme cold or heat may cause adhesive to fail.
- Decide on and
mark for the position of the hanger(s). Once pressed in
place, plastic foamboard hangers cannot be repositioned
or removed without damaging the substrate.
- Be sure the
surface of what you are hanging is clean, dry and free
from grease or oil.
- Peel off the
adhesive release paper from the hanger. Do not touch the
adhesive surface with your fingers.
- Stick the hanger
down firmly and rub on well.
- Bend the upper
portion of the hanger back slightly to hang.
strength will improve if the bond is allowed to age at
least 24 hours before hanging.
- Hang on the wall